"1st Jingzhe International
Ceramic Exhibition"& "World Contemporary Public Ceramic
entry form (pdf format)
- Display objective: Recommend new artists, promote original
ceramic design, develop the use of ceramics in public spaces,
strengthen international ceramic exchange and cooperation.
- Display subject: Ceramics and Environment
- Sponsor: Shanghai Jingzhe Art Association, Ceramics Today (www.ceramicstoday.com)
- Supporting Organizer: Wison Art Center
- Special Support: Ceramics Program at Harvard University, China
Ceramist, China Ceramic Art, www.diaosu.cn,
Fine Art Press, Western Ceramic and Sculpture Newsletter
- Committee: Wang Xun (Director), Xiang Zijun, Zhang Yushan, Guo
Chen, Wang Jiping, Zhou Xiaobin Jan Brown Checco (USA), Steven
Goldate (Australia), Anton Reijnders (Netehrlands), Kevin Grealy
(Australia), Barbara Nanning (Netherlands), Ole Lislerud (Norway),
Nancy Selvage,(USA),Takeshi Yasuda (UK)
- Curator: Zhang Yushan
- International co-ordinator: Sylvia Nagy
- Registration deadline: August 30th, 2007 All works should
be shipped arriving at Shanghai before September 15th. It is the
responsibility of all domestic and overseas participants to ship
(mail, courier etc.) their work to "The First Jingzhe International
Ceramic Exhibition" committee.
- Display dates: September 30th, 2007~December 30th, 2007 (Exact
times to be announced)
- Display Locations: Selected work in places such as Shanghai,
Beijing, Guangzhou as well as important art museum touring displays.
In Shanghai: (Zhangjiang Modern Art Museum; Wison Art center)
- Conditions of participation:
Appraisal: The Committee will invite internationally renowned
ceramists and professors to form the appraisal committee and judge
Registration contact address: Mr. Zhang Yushan, Environmental
and Art Design School, Central South University of Forestry and
Technology. Shaoshan Nan Lu 498 hao, Changsha City , Hunan Province.
P.R. China 410004 (Zip Code) Email: Yushanart@126.com
Address to send works: To: Mr. Wang Xun Address: Wison Art Center,
Wison Group Holding Limited,1399 Zhang Heng Road, Zhangjiang High
Technology Park, Pudong, Shanghai P.R China Zip: 201203, Telephone:
+86 21 5855 6789 Fax: +86 21 5855 7155 Zip code:201203, Email:
- Materials to be supplied by email:
- English resume
- Artist's profile (include an image of you working in your
- 5 pieces of your works.
- Artist’s portrait
- 60 ceramists will be selected from the entries received. All
selected works will form "The First Jingzhe International
Ceramic Exhibition" .
- Each participating artist to send 1 to 2 pieces of work.
- A submitted work will be considered as a single entry. If
the work is collaboration, please indicate. A height, width
or length of no more than 50cm is recommended. When registering
by email, please attach your artist's profile, and Artist’s
portrait, ceramic works (five pieces). Resume (English only,
500 words or less), artist's idea (including ideas regarding
using the environment), sketches (in order to print catalogue).
- Mailed ceramic works must be properly packed to avoid damage.
No responsibility will be taken for works that arrive damaged
due to insufficient packaging. Insurance is highly recommended.
- Postage fees (to Shanghai, China) are the responsibility of
- "The First Jingzhe International Ceramic Exhibition”organization
committee will carry the cost of returning works to the artist.
- "The First Jingzhe International Ceramic Exhibition”
organization committee shall possess copyright on all participating
works. The committee is authorized to use images of participating
works in advertising, including the dissemination, publication
and communication of the international works.
- In the case of plagiarism or suspicion of plagiarism of any
participating work, breach of intellectual property rights and
legal disputes arising therefrom, the works author shall bear
responsibility. The organization committee does not accept any
legal liability whatsoever.
- The organization committee will sponsor the attending artists’board
and lodging during the Shanghai opening ceremony. Artists’
must pay their own transportation.
- The organization committee will publish "The First Jingzhe
International Ceramic Exhibition” catalogue.
- Works must be for sale and a price should be included in US$.The
organization committee shall retain a commission of 35% of the
- In the event a work fail to sell, the artist may donate the
work to the Wison Art Center.
- If the artist does not wish to donate his/her work/s,the artist
shall bear 50% of the return cost.
- In the case of a donation, the artist will receive a certification
of acknowledgement of his/her work being added to the collection.
entry form (pdf format)